Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm Back!

After a brief hiatus, my campaign blog has been reborn as "HoodRiverUnofficial." Since I actually won my campaign, my online life is a bit more complicated. Many of my communications are covered by Oregon's Public Records law (ORS192) which I wrote about here. I also need to make a few things clear:
  1. I am not authorized to speak for the City of Hood River so my opinions are strictly my own (yeah!)
  2. I have agreed to support the decisions of the Hood River City Council, so don't expect me to do a lot of venting about losing a vote.
  3. I need to avoid engaging in discussions on a limited set of topics which might be the subject of a quasi-judicial hearing. This includes things like specific land use decisions, since they may be appealed to the City Council. I need to hear the same evidence as all other members, and any statements I make would be clear demonstration of bias.
  4. I will not comment on anything which happens in "Executive Session." These (rare) non-public meetings may deal with things such as lawsuits or personnel issues.
Other than these limitations, I'm a US citizen with free speech protections under the Oregon State Constitution and the US Constitution. I look forward to a candid discussion of local issues.

No comments: